Sunday, July 24, 2016

Nature to Art

Caddisfly Earrings
So, I've been trying out a new hobby - caddisfly earrings! I collected a whole bunch of these little homes made of natural materials of the caddisfly while prepping for Pond Keepers. Through predation, the caddisfly larvae don't survive and leave behind these homes. The homes are extraordinary and beautiful. I do not really like throwing them out, so I decided to coat them in mod-podge to preserve them. After I had preserved them, I was unsure what to do, so I thought about making a bunch of them into pairs of earrings. A bunch of friends would totally wear them, so I added some rings to them and attached some fish hook earrings to them. And well, I made myself some pretty cool earrings to wear while teaching pond studies! I have not started an etsy or anything, but if you want a pair, or just one for a necklace, feel free to message me!

TheChristyBel


No comments:

Post a Comment