Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Snow of the Season...On the Mountains!

First Snow of the Season...On the Mountains!
Photo Credit to Kate Bodey, Teton Science School Graduate Program Faculty
There you have it my east coasters and followers!  Today was the day....even right before my birthday when we looked at the Teton Range this morning, and what did we see?!?!?!?!

SNOW!!!!

People are here got really excited.  For me...well, I mean, it was a really exciting moment to see snow on  those beautiful peaks, but it just made me think of how cold and snowy it will get here!  And well, not going to lie, I was nervous and anxious.

But then I thought, I am going to experience for once in my life...SNOW, sure I've seen snow before, but Real Mountain Snow...oh man!  Which means not only am I experiencing my first real snow, but I will be experiencing my first real winter, my first real Wyoming Snowy Winter, skiing, snowboarding, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing, and the list will probably be going on!

So yes, I am excited!  But also anxious!  A good anxious!

Throughout the day you can see it did melt a smidger...but there is still white up there!
Pretty cool!
Will get back to my updates on Introduction to Field Science Teaching and my first opportunity to teach a program!  I'll just give you a little teaser: It was AWESOME!

I'll talk to you all soon,

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment